Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Stampotique Challenge....something wearable & GDT

This is what I came up with as a wearable for Stampotique.  It is a brooch with Smushallaum stamped on an old room key card that had been partially covered with white acrylic paint.  I also stamped "Diva" on it, then spritzed it with a little of Dyan Reaveley's London Fog spray paint.  I heated the card with my heat tool and bent the bottom part of it in a little bit of a ruffle.  After it cooled off I attached a peel and stick 1 1/2" plastic pin back to the reverse side.
I had a friend that was a Pediatric nurse who told me that nurses like to wear unusual pins or brooches to distract the children when they have to get a shot.  If any nurses would like this pin just let me know and I will send it to them,  free of charge.

4 comments:

  1. I would love to see a nurse wearing this fab pin! She would have to have attitude!! Thanks for joining us at Stmapotique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool is that! Love how you used an old room key for it. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! This turned out brilliantly! I love how the heat tool created a wave in Shmushallaum's ocean! So wonderful to send it to a nurse!!! So glad you joined us for the SDC this week! I look forward to seeing your next creation for the new theme released tomorrow!!
    Cheers,
    Val :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous brooch and great idea! Thanks for joining us at SDC 50.

    ReplyDelete