Monday, June 5, 2017

Using scraps to make cards and miniature books

Here's one of a series of cards I'm making just using up scraps.  Bust your stash! (my personal mantra for the year)



I used left over pieces of master boards and added some stamping with Brilliance Pearlescent Poppy ink.  I'm determined this year to use up as much of my stash as I can.  This includes papers I've been saving for years and ephemera such as the large flower from Prima.


Then I used extra pieces of washi tape, flowers, sequins, pearls, string and a tiny book that had been set aside long ago to make a mini book with pockets to hide things like old theater tickets.  I thought my great niece would enjoy playing with this.  Oh, to be twelve again!  If I can't be that young again at least I can provide the types of things I loved at that age.  Here are a couple of photos of the back and inside of the book.






I used StazOn Blue Hawaii ink and Jane Davenport mermaid washi tape. G45 stamps with a mermaid theme seemed appropriate. That precious rhinestone crown is from Prima, it's in Frank Garcia's collection of Memory Hardware.

So, that's what I've been up to today.  Have a great week, try to create something out of nothing like scraps, bits and bobs from your stash of craft supplies.

Thanks for stopping by!  Hug~ Renee

4 comments:

  1. Renee.. just beauties. I love these. Something I would do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love that card. You have a nice collection of scraps and bits and bobs. The little book is adorable. Your niece should have some fun with that collecting goodies to keep inside and look back on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous creations! I'm trying to do the same! Lol

    ReplyDelete